FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fieldpoint versions

I have a cFP 2120 that was programmed with LVRT 8.2 and I believe the 5.0.1 drivers for fieldpoint.  Right now there in an Exe on the 8.2 machine that talks with the cFP 2120 for running pumps.  I now have to set up an additional machine that can also control the cFP 2120 for a similar task.  Only one of the machines will have control of the cFP at any time. 

From what I read, in order to program the cFP with new software I will need to use LVRT 8.2 or update the cFP.

I have not used RT or a cFP very much.  So I have a few questions.......

The latest version of Real Time that I have is 8.6.  Can I update the cFP to 8.6 and still have it work fine with the 8.2 exe on the other machine?

Or would it be better/easier to just install 8.2 on the new machine and leave the cFP as is?

Would the 8.2 RT work with 8.6?

Or would it be better to do everything in 8.6 and just update the 8.2 machine exe with an 8.6 exe and update the cFP to 8.6 also?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,595 Views)

_Bryan,

No personal experience with trying to mix host programs developed with different versions of LV.

Right now I'm in the middle of migrating several cFP systems in my lab from 8.2 to 8.6 just because I don't want to support 8.2 anymore.  I've encountered no problems during this process.  If you are already supporting a bunch of stuff developed with LV8.2, then I'd consider doing the new code with 8.2 just to keep things simple.  If this is the only cFP you are supporting with LV8.2 or you're looking for an excuse to migrate to LV8.6, then I'd consider transitioning the existing host/target programs to LV8.6 and creating new host program with LV8.6.  

One big picture item to remember about cFP controllers and versions of LV, LV8.6 does NOT support the cFP-20xx family of controllers.

Message 2 of 2
(5,584 Views)