FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP Voltage Analog In Module Reading Voltage Even When Unconnected

I have an FP-A1-V10B analog voltage input module inserted into a FP-TB-10.  When nothing is attached, it reads around ~2.25V from both channels (reading it through MAX).  If I supply a voltage to it, say, 5V, it reads proportionally higher, around 6.6 V,  but if I supply 10V to it, it will read 10V, so it is as if 2.25V = 0V and 10V = 10V.   I have tried all of the usual unplugging, reseting, and finding the devices again.  Also, other modules work fine in the FP-TB-10, and this module reads ~2.25V in any of the slips in the FP-TB-10.  Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,114 Views)
Do you have another FP-AI-V10B to test in the FP-TB-10? Also, do your signal and FieldPoint share the same ground?
Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,099 Views)
Thank you for responding so quickly.  I have another FP-AI-V10B running fine on the FP-TB-10.  The signal that I want to measure and the Fieldpoint do share the same ground (although, as I mentioned above, it reads 2.25V when there is nothing connected).  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,091 Views)

Based on the fact that another one of the FP-AI-V10Bs does work in the other slots, hooked up the same way, it appears that there is a hardware malfunction with the offset FP-AI-V10B. You aren't incorporating a scale with this specific module, are you? When you observe the incoming signal, are you observing it in LabVIEW or MAX? 

If you are not using a scale and the incorrect signal is being viewed in MAX, I would suggest calling in to support for an RMA: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niae_asc.main?lang=US

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,070 Views)