FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-AI-112 getting strange readings

I have 2 I/O panels each with a FP-1601, and FP-AI-112, and an FP-RTD(don't recall the model #) module reading a few low voltage (0-40mV) signals. This test system was left running over the weekend, and upon returning Monday morning, the values the FP-AI-112 Module in Panel #1 was returning were not correct. It appeared that the voltage inputs were bouncing back and forth from full scale to zero and anywhere in between. After measuring with a voltmeter, the actual signals were still in the 0-40mV range, but Module #1 was reporting random values.

I swapped the two FP-AI-112 modules and using Module #2 I was able to read the correct values on the I/O at Panel #1. I replaced Module #1 with a spare module, and everything appeared to be working fine. After leaving the system running for a few days, it seems that the new module is behaving the same way that the originally problematic module was behaving.

Current setup:

Panel #1 FP-1601, FP-AI-112 (Originally from Panel #2), FP-RTD Module
Panel #2 FP-1601, FP-AI-112 (Originally a spare, now not functioning correctly), FP-RTD Module
Not Installed FP-AI-112 (Originally in Panel #1, now not functioning correctly)

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,171 Views)
Hello Knox,

Is this problem staying on the same FP Bank or has it ocurred on both? Can you read the correct values after rebooting? Is the original module still behaving the same way? I recommend swapping out the terminal block and controller to rule those out. Also see if you can reproduce this problem with only the AI-112 connected to the bank.

Let me know your results,

Sean C.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,157 Views)
Thanks for the reply.

The problem has occured in both banks. Rebooting didn't seem to change anything. The original card is still sending back strange values if it is inserted into either FP Bank. The AI module that is still working normally will function in either FP bank, although I have not tried changing out the Terminal bases or the controllers at this point. I will try to make that happen this afternoon and provide my results.

Knox
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,154 Views)
Sounds good... Let me know your results.

Sean C.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,147 Views)