From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact FieldPoint power supply

I have a cFP-1804 network module for and one 24V-5A QUINT POWER supply for my project. A cFP-DI-304 Digital input will be connected to the network module backplane, of course with its connector block. Does the power supply powers up the complete netowrk module with the digital I/O module(s) connected to the backplane? or the power supply must also be connected to the digital module through its connector block? I expect that supplying power just to the network module is enough, but this is not very clear to me from the user manuals that come with the eqquipments.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,251 Views)
I have a cFP-2120 controller with a cFP-DIO-550 and it was necessary to supply 24V power to the module as well.  But that was for the digital outputs.

I found the manual for the DI-304 on NI's site.    http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374168a.pdf  It does not appear to require the voltage be applied to the module.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,244 Views)