FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing MTU on Fieldpoint Ethernet port?

My understanding is that as of LVRT 6.1, the MTU setting on the Fieldpoint ethernet port was fixed
at 1500, with no user configurable option to change, and the OS did not comply with requests from
other devices to use a smaller MTU.

Can anyone confirm whether this has been changed as of 8.2.1, hopefully with both a user configurable
value and proper network response?  Thanks.

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,403 Views)
Hi Matt,
Thanks for contacting NI.  I think your problem might be related to the standard enthernet MTU being 1500.  I do not think an option to change the MTU size has been added to and more recent versions of LabVIEW.  I will look into this further and let you know if I find differently.
Eric A.
National Instruments
Distributed I/O Product Support Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(6,380 Views)
Hello Matt,

FieldPoint and Compact FieldPoint do not support changing the MTU setting.  Please see this KnowledgeBase article for more information.
Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(6,363 Views)
Thanks Eric and Ching.  My question really is aimed at specific links where there is
a device that requires an MTU smaller than 1500 (i.e. pppoe for a dsl line).  We
have previously solved this by inserting a router that properly responds to an ICMP
request for the smaller MTU, but this is clunky.  I guess we will keep that solution
for now.  Thanks.

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,352 Views)