FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing Up Data Files

Hi,

I have a network of Compct Fieldpoint devices and I am using OPC to communicate with them. I would like to be able to take a backup of important configuration files that would allow me to recover in the event of a hard disk failure without having to re-build the network configuration in MAX. Is it possible to back up one or two specific files, then simply copy them back to their original place once the NI software is re-installed? If so, what files to I need to back up?

Thanks

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,834 Views)

Tony:

I am very new to cFP but this is what I did just a few minutes ago, hopefully it applies to your situation. I had set up my cFP configuration in MAX on my desktop PC and wanted to transfer the configuration to another computer for testing.

1. Tried to export just my cFP configuration in MAX via File/Export. It crashed MAX hard every time.

2. Solution from NI Tech Support was to just copy my *.iak file over to the new PC and open it MAX under MySytem/DataNighborhood/FieldPointItems. It worked just fine. You may want to try this out yourself for a warm fuzzy.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,830 Views)

Tony,

I also use copies of .iak files as a way to backup hardware config for cFP units.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,826 Views)