FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FF Browse Block Parameter not responding for one type of block

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using the FF Browse Block Parameters vi (revision 52) to do exactly that.  It works  for RES-400..., DSPL-600..., AI1-700...,AI2-750...., AI3-800..., PID-900..., but fails to find any parameters for PRS-500....  Any ideas why it would fail for one block?  The NI-FBUS Dialog Utility 14.0 can read the parameters although it reports an error that the specified object was not found.  This object not found error reported for all of the blocks, although the program goes on to read the parameter values.  I also get the object not found error when running the VI, but I continue through the error and the parameters are found.  I've uploaded pictures of the interface one with the parameters found and one without and the section of the code that attempts to read the block parameters.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,656 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jim12345678

Hi,

Is the DD file of your FF device the latest? You can try to download the latest DD file from www.fieldbus.org and load the DD file by NI-FBUS Interface Configuration Utility.

What's the version of your NI-FBUS? 17.0 is the new version. You can install it and make a test again

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
(6,621 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jim12345678

The DD wasn't loaded.  Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,615 Views)