FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBoardFiles directory .rxes concerns

The NXTShell, samostat, and Program Chooser .rxes are being pulled in from the directory [ C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\NXT\Subs\OnBoardFiles ]  when you first run the NXT in direct mode. These .rxes are provided by NI and were compiled on 10//25/13.

We  all are experiencing issues with Program Chooser and the FCS ( https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/19513?tstart=0 ). I am now concerned about the samostat behavior.

The compile size for a new deploy of the 'Program Chooser.vi' is 5.31 KB, quite different than the one in the \OnBoardFiles directory which is 3.32 KB.

I did a fresh comple for the samostat.vi from the directory [ C:\Program Files (x86)\Samantha Field Control System\Labview ] and the file size was 5.9kb versus the one in the \OnBoard Files directory which is 2.14kb.

Has anyone had issues with a non-working samsostat program?

If these 2 vi's are not up to date, then what is the status of the NXTShell?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,912 Views)

We were just at a 10 team qualifier with 8/10 teams using LabVIEW. The Program Chooser/NXT Shell/samostat from the 'direct target' download all worked fine.

We've also experimented with changing the file in 'Program Chooser' and didn't see any issues. I do have the students back out to the 'software files' menu after running 'Program Chooser' on the NXT.

Not sure that the samostat was ever employed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,718 Views)