From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one having problems with new version of FCS and Autonomous Full Template (Archived)

Update: This discussion applies to Issues from the 2010 FTC season and is no longer relevant for current FTC competition software.

Autonomous program written in full template is not waiting for the enabled message, wondering if it can be fixed. The program works fine with the old version of FCS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,451 Views)

Can you please provide the version numbers of the FCS you say show a difference in behavior?  Have you tried using an unmodified template to see if the behavior is reproducible without your code? 

Thanks,

Mark

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,548 Views)

FCS version 1.0.0.1 works while 1.0.0.7 doe not work. We will try without our program and let you know of the result

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,548 Views)

We could reproduce the issue without our code in autonomous full template. Autonomous Basic template works, it does not have the problem with FCS 1.0.0.7.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,548 Views)

Hi dummi,

I couldn't reproduce the issue with either template in the FCS.  I may be missing some additional information:

1.  Does this issue occur in Game Mode and Development Mode?

2.  In the Robot Development Mode, when you select the Run FTCTroubleshooter button, are all of the LEDs green?

3.  How long does it take for the robot to skip the Disabled mode in Autonomous mode?

4.  Were there any changes made to the Autonomous Full template?  Saved changes permanently change the template VI.  I've attached the original below.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,548 Views)

1. I am sure the problem occurs in Game mode.

3. Robot skips the Disabled mode immediately.

I will answer the qustions 2 and 4 soon .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,548 Views)

Hi dummi,

I'm sure the answers to questions 2 and 4 will be insightful, but I was wondering for answer 3:

Does the robot skip disabled mode before you hit the start button?  What I mean is that when you start the Autonomous program before beginning Game Mode, does the robot skip the disabled state?

If the steps you are following are Start Game Mode then Start Autonomous Program on NXT, then this is expected since you should be running the Autonomous Program prior to starting Game Mode.

Kyle

FIRST Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,548 Views)

in the old version of FCS, the steps we were following were: :

1.Start the autonomous program on the robot - the robot will be in disabled mode with autonomous program running

2. Start the match in Game mode - autonomous program runs with robot enabled.

In the newer version of FCS the robot becomes active (it gets enabled) before we hit the start match button. It is skipping the disabled state

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,548 Views)

Hi dummi,

• In Robot Development mode, does the same behavior occur when running the Autonomous code?
  • What happens when you download the VI that I attached in a previous post?  Is it the same behavior?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,548 Views)