FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO will not reboot when imaging

Solved!
Go to solution

We are having problems re-imaging our cRIO-II.

We are using a Windows 7 desktop with (I think) all the updates for NI and Windriver installed. The cRIO is directly connected to the desktop.

We have followed the instructions found here : http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/3120/m/8559/l/89727-imaging-your-crio

We have changed the adapter settings and even checked the advanced properties to make sure ther was not a problem with dual IP's. (screenshot attached)

The imaging tool "sees" the cRIO and the modules that we have installed, we have the correct imaging file, but when we "apply" the cRIO never re-boots. (screenshot attached) I have let it sit for 20 min. Do I need to wait longer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit (1:50PM) We also just tried using the D-Link as bridge between the cRIO and the computer and it did not help.

Message was edited by: dcribbs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,269 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dcribbs

Hey dcribbs,

20 minutes is definitely longer than the reformat and reboot process should take so no, you don't need to take longer. It looks like your host side network is fine, but I'm curious about the settings of the cRIO. So, I have two thoughts:

1. Have you tried putting the cRIO into safe mode then reformatting from the cRIO imaging tool? You can force the cRIO into safe mode by pressing and holding the reset button for 5 seconds.

2. Have you tried force resetting the network settings of the cRIO? This can be done by holding the reset button for 5 seconds while the cRIO is already in safe mode. (So if you haven't put it in safe mode from step 1, press the reset button for 5 seconds, let the controller reboot, then press the reset button for another 5 seconds to reset the network settings). After resetting the cRIO network settings, the cRIO will be on a link local IP, 169.254.x.x (0.0.0.0 if it's a cRIO FRC I) so you'll need to change your computer IP to a link local also. Any 169.254.x.x will work. Then try formatting through the imaging tool again.

If niether of those works, I'd recommend giving us a call at 866-511-6285 between 1pm and 7pm CST so that we can assist you further and get your controller up and running.

Hope this helps!

--Ryan_S

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,277 Views)

We re-wired the entire Control System and then reimaged in Safe-Mode and everything worked great!

Thanks so much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,277 Views)

Hey dcribbs,

I'm glad to hear that booting into safe mode allowed you to image the controller! Good luck with your season!

--Ryan_S

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,277 Views)