From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling LabVIEW

Hi TeamCaution,

Since your issue is specific to uninstalling LabVIEW 8.6, I would recommend that you call the number given above by Stormchaser1.  This way we can help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We can then update this forum with the solution.

Kevin S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,190 Views)

Hi Kevin,

I have a similar problem as Graviton posted several years ago,

"I have a need to temporarily uninstall LabVIEW, but it only progresses so far and then pauses. This left sitting for over two hours, and I cancelled the installation. Now every time I try to remove it, it either gives me errors (1601 and 1618) or doesn't progress at all. Tech support refuses to even help uninstall over the phone, so does anyone have a solution? "

In response to your reply,

1) Did you install the software with administrator privileges? YES

2) Did you uninstall the software with administrator privileges? YES

3) What operating system are you running? WINDOWS XP SP 3

4) Did you save LabVIEW to any non-default directory during installation? NO

5) When you uninstalled, what was the process you followed? ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS

6) Was any of the software running when uninstallation began? LABVIEW WAS RUNNING

7) Do you have any other National Instruments software on the computer? I INSTALLED MOST OF THE ACADEMIC SITE LICENSE PRODUCTS OF NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS

I uninstalled most of them and as graviton posted I had to cancel the uninstallation midway. After which when i try to uninstall it gives the error 1618. When I try to repair it shows the following msg (attached the image). Tried inserting all of the academic software cds and still shos the same dialog box. This is true for any of the modules I am trying to repair.

I am using the NI academic software, Fall 2012.

Can you please help me on this. Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,190 Views)

Hey vzv,

I sent you a private message regarding this. 

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,190 Views)