FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No robot code and red comm light after successful build in eclipse (Java)

We've reimaged the roboRIO 3 times. Reinstalled firmware, and whenever we deploy code we get a red comm light on the roboRIO and the driver station says "no robot code". We also tried deploying the same code from 4 different laptops and we've also tried deploying sample code and we still get the same result of no robot code in the driver station and the red comm light on the roboRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,713 Views)

Hi mattyo1228,

I'm sorry you're having these issues. That sounds like it can be frustrating. It's possible that you haven't installed the Java Runtme Engine, or JRE. You'll need to install Java 8 on the development system, and then you can use the FRC Java Installer to push the JRE to the roboRIO. Here is a relevant link about it:

Installing Java 8 on the roboRIO using the FRC roboRIO Java Installer (Java only)

Have a great day, and happy robotting!

Jeff M
Applications Engineer and Robot Surrogate
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,069 Views)

It's also possible that you are seeing the crash caused by a bad parameter in HAL. One work around is to make sure there is a joystick plugged into slot 5 on your DS. Upgrading to the latest Java FRC plugin should fix the crash if that is actually what you are running into.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,069 Views)

Turns out I had the wrong JRE installed. I installed the 1st option in the installer and I needed to install the 2nd one.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,069 Views)