FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Labview Programmer

Hey Im a new programmer for the FRC team 1102 i was the programmer for their Tech Team over the 2008-2009 season i used NXT-G which i am told is built off Labview. Where should I start for learning this software im  am kind of alone on this because our programmers for FRC were both seniors. Any help will be appriciated.

John Fogarty

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,696 Views)

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments!  There are some really good resources online to help get you started programming for next year.  The first places I would recommend to get started are the Introduction to the LabVIEW Environment Tutorial and the Quick Introduction to LabVIEW Exercise.  This will help get you used to the LabVIEW Environment and some of the basics you will need to get started programming with LabVIEW FRC.  Once you are more familiar with LabVIEW you can start focusing on the specifics of LabVIEW FRC and how we communicate with the robot.  Check out the Basic Motor Control Exercise for more specific FRC topics.  There are more Exercises and Tutorials that you can find on the FIRST Community that can help you continue your LabVIEW FRC education.  If you are looking for more basic LabVIEW information take a look at the Getting Started with LabVIEW Student Training webpage as there are tutorials and webcasts for many of the basic LabVIEW topics (keep in mind that these are not specific to LabVIEW FRC but a lot of the information can still apply).  Please let us know if you have any questions on these tutorials and exercises and we will be happy to assist you.  I hope this helps!  Have a great day!

Thanks!

Bob H

FIRST Support

National Instruments

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,407 Views)