From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Announces All Current and Future FRC Training Material

Getting Started Programming with FRC Hardware

This will act as a landing page for all the videos and tutorials NI will be offering prior to FRC kick-off on January 3rd 2009.

We are always striving to improve our content.  Please feel free to post questions, comments, or additional topics!

Cheers,

Mark

NI FIRST Support

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(12,069 Views)

This is great! Extremely helpfull! Will be watching this page like a hawk.

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,863 Views)

Mark,

This Resource is Excellent!

However, its use is limited for some of us who live behind firewalls that strip video content.

(For bandwidth reasons.)

Would NI consider a "simple" FTP site for those of us who wisk to be able to download the files for later viewing?

The  http://labviewzone.blip.tv site is great, but, not exactly the easiest for archiving the material.

(Yes, IF? you have quicktime installed on your computer you can subscribe to the feeds and save them, IF? you can run the streams, but some users can't.)

Simple is often the best.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,863 Views)

My best suggestion is to subscibe to these via itunes.

How can I download FIRST Training Videos?

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,863 Views)

Mark,

For some unknown reason itunes is blocked from installing on this Laptop.

The First Laview did however install.(i have somewhat [apparently] restricted admin rights)

Any other possible work arounds?(i'd like to keep all of the robot applications and docs on the same computer)

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,863 Views)

Bruce,

Unfortunately we have not set up any other method for digitally distributing this content. Perhaps you could download the videos on another machine and move the Quicktime video files to your other computer using a thumb drive. 

We are planning on distributing this content on DVD as well.  When we have more details of when that will be released we will post this information on the site. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,863 Views)

edit: nevermind.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,863 Views)