FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Tracker Issues

Hi,

I got stuck on connecting the Line Tracker power to the Solenoid Breakout Board, so for now i have it connected to the Power Distribution Board.

I have Brown wire to a positive 20 Amp and the blue to the negative next to it.  I have the black wire connected to just the signal input on the Digital Side Car I/O.

The robot just spins during and stops during Autonomous but works fine on Teleop.  We are using 2 motors with PWM 1 connected to left and PWM 2 to the right.

I do not understand what is wrong.

Thanks,

Davis Catherman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,331 Views)

Hi Davis,

It sounds like the problem is most likely in the autonomous code itself rather than your physical connection to the motors.  If it works fine in teleop, then my best guess is that either the logic or the wiring of the line following sensors is the cause.  Can you verify with a simple VI and a boolean indicator whether or not the line following sensor is being read properly in the code?  The result of this test will determine whether the problem lies within software or hardware.  I hope this helps!

- Greg J

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,620 Views)

Hi,

I tried to do a simple boolean indicator loop (and tried the digital input example).

I don't think my code worked.

The lights do change on the sensors though.

Thanks,

Davis Catherman

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,620 Views)