From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FRC USB Camera Programming

I have looked everywhere I could find on how to do this. On our roboRio, I have plugged in a USB logitech webcam. I have then plugged an ethernet cable from our roboRio to our OM5P-AN router, and then an ethernet cable from the router into our laptop. When I open the driver station and enable our robot, I get a live feed from the camera, and the robot drives. When I disconnect the  ethernet cable from our laptop, the robot drives but we lose the signal from our camera. So how do I make the USB camera stream a live feed to our driver station without being connected via ethernet cable? I have no experience with vision assistant or anything other than labview. I have looked around online and I just cannot figure it out. If anyone could help us out it would be fantastic.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,727 Views)

Can you post your vision code or an image of you Vison Processing.vi? Did you try to set the input of the camera open to USB 0

open.png

digging into the Vis I see that the only option for names of USB cameras

are 

USB 0, USB 1, USB 2, USB 3 (must be these names exactly Cap USB space #)

Mark

Champion CLA

Making senseless computers do
intelligent real world things
is NOT easy. SO MAKE IT FUN!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,654 Views)