From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Installation issues -- Real Time Module

I have been trying to install the FRC edition of LabVIEW on my laptop. When the installer reaches LabVIEW real time module, windows setup crashes with no error message being generated other than "setup.exe has stopped working". In the post-install, I am told that a version of "NI-VISA" has been detected on my system that is not supported. I cannot find a trace of any such program, in either my program list, or even the registry. I normally consider myself fairly computer literate, but this is absolutely stumping me. I've tried installing as an Admin, fresh re-installs, and various compatibility settings, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

My system specs:

HP dv6

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

4GB ram

AMD Phenom II N930 2GHZ quad core processor

~350GB of free hard drive space

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,733 Views)

Do you have other software from National Instruments installed?  If so, you could try uninstalling it first and then installing LabVIEW for FRC.

If not, do you have LEGO MINDSTORMS software installed?  I'm not sure if you should run into a compatibility issue with it, but at least at one time in the past NI-VISA was installed as part of it.

--
Geoff Schmit
Huskie Robotics, FIRST Team 3061 Lead Mentor
http://team3061.org/
@team3061
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,543 Views)