FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - We cannot get the CRio to image.

Solved!
Go to solution

We are a rookie team, and I am mentoring with a very small amount of LabView experience.

We are following procedure after procedure, trying to get the CRio to image, and load LabView code to it.

Using the imaging tool version 2013.1.10.

It finds the CRio and partialy images it...  It loads the team number and robot name, but the current image is always "unknown" and when the imaging process gets to rebooting the CompactRIO device, it always hangs.  We have tried this directly connected from the computer to the CRIO, and via the DLINK via hard wire, and via wireless same results.

Even though we get to this point, we have tried to load the program to it and that fails.  We can ping the CRIO, it shows up with the right IP address and name.  Just cant image it properly.

Help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,766 Views)

Are you selecting the lower box that indicates a ZIP file for imaging.  Make sure you do that.  The 2013 zip file must be in the text box once you click the radio button.

Sorry, I don't have it in front of me to know the exact file name. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,909 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tstearns

We got it.  The Windows 7 firewall was blocking the downlaod of the program to the CRIO.  We could ping it etc, just not load the program.

Needed to add the exceptions for all of the NI software to the firewall.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,909 Views)

We got it.  Windows Firewall.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,909 Views)