FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling motors?

Hi fellow comrades!
I have a major problem when controlling motors. Considering that I only have 2 Motors moving my wheels, how can I program in labview a code that will say that instead of just stopping one side and turn the other side so it can make a turn, I want it to make both motor turn opposite way of course.
Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,098 Views)

I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but have you looked at the Arcade Drive VI in the WPI palette? It's in the RobotDrive subpalette and it sounds like that's what you want. We're only using two motors and one joystick for all our control.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,316 Views)

When turning your robot left or right, only ONE side moves and the other stays stationary. I want to program that when we turn either right or left, BOTH sides turns the opposite ways.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,316 Views)

If you use the tank drive example this is the behavior you will see (you will need a second joystick though).  You can also create your own motor control that writes out values to the motor control set speed VI's based on input from the joystick.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,316 Views)

Great Idea Kevin! But... how do I do it? is it with the Motor Set Output icon? if Yes, then I think I can manage out the rest.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,316 Views)

You will just need to replace the Arcade Drive VI in Teleop with the Tank Drive VI from the WPI Motor Drive Pallette

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,316 Views)