Example Code

NI System Configuration: Show All Hardware

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Software

• LabVIEW

Code and Documents

Attachment

Download All

Overview
Displays all hardware and certain properties of that hardware on the specified target.

Description
This example uses NI System Configuration to show all hardware connected to a target. It displays the Alias/Resource Name, the Product Name and the Serial Number of each device. It can also be configured to display all network devices as well..

Requirements

• LabVIEW 2012 (or compatible)

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Choose target
  2. Run VI

Additional Information or References
VI Block Diagram

Block Diagram.png

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**

Kaitlin N.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
Pierro26
on

Thanks very usefull for beginners

Scott_Campbell
on

when I run this it does not return the info on c series module in chassis, is there any way to expand this to return module in chassis,

JoshuaP
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Currently, the NI System Configuration API does not support discovery of cRIO modules, however it will work with cDAQ.

This has been a common request, however there are some technical limitations with how the FPGA interacts with the modules that makes it complex to add. 

This is something that NI is actively working on, so hopefully it will be supported in a future release.

Oli_Wachno
Active Participant Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Is there any chance to retrieve the data that MAX shows at "Port Description"?

I'm trying to use this string to identfy special hardware showing up as virtual COM port.

I have tried different properties but haven't succeeded yet.