Example Code

Task manager in Labview

Code and Documents

Attachment

This is a Labview implementation of a task manager like application. View the processes, select one to view CPU load and memory consumption. A new feature is the memory deallocation control, just in case the process start consuming to much memory.

Open the TaskManager.vi, start viewing the processes and their parameters. Select one process and view the CPU load and memory consumption. Look in the subVI for other things that are not in the Front Panels (like, total times, idle time, etc.)

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
jcluttrell
on

LabVIEW Performance course requires using Task Manager a lot. This is not possible on the remote computers through the LogMeIn account. At least for the last exercise, 4-4 this was of help. I did not have this VI available for the previous examples in the course.

instrumento
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Includes three DLLs, two of which, psapi.dll and wtsapi.dll, seem to be Windows standard DLLs, and one, processHandles.dll, which seem to be custom and 32 bits only, thus this example won't load on a 64 bit LabVIEW.

davtrs
on

Hi all,

Recently I have had the problem that when I use the processHandles.dll LabVIEW crashes on some computers. Sometimes I get the error message "Access violation", which indicates a memory problem or lack of access to it, e.g. due to restricted PC rights?

Has anyone already had similar problems?

larserike
on

Hi, similarly to davtrs I encountered the same crash after calling processHandles.dll (with labview 2021 - 32 bit).

Contributors