From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Example Code

Thermocouple calibiration

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Software

• LabVIEW

Code and Documents

Attachment

Download All

Overview
The example shows how to calibirate five thermocouples.The calibration process has to be done by LabView Application.

Description
My Application has to perform the following tasks in sequence

Step 1:  User has to read current calibrator parameters via RS232 and it has to be displayed

Step 2:  User can change the parameter values serialy

Step 3:  Reference temperatures for calibiration should be control

Step 4:  After all the necessary parameters has been set user has to start the calibration

Step 5:  If any necessary parameter has not been set, Then a error message has to popped up and he has to repeat the Step 1 & 2

Step 6:  Start Calibiration

Step 7:  Bath has to be set for all reference temperature and the stailized Thermocouple reading from ni 9213 for the known temperature has to be logged in .csv file.

Step 8:  User should have a control to stop Calibiration in Middle.

Requirements

Software:

1. LabVIEW 2012

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Unzip the attached folder to your computer
  2. Open the VI "Calibrator 2012 NIVerified.vi"
  3. Run the program

Additional Information or References
VI Snippet

Untitled.png

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
MHECM
on

Thanks for sharing the program. When I run it, it asks for the file "calibratorsettings.ctl". Where can I find it?