Example Code

Send a simple sms message

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Software

• LabVIEW
  • LabVIEW Communications

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview

This is an example of how can you send SMS message by LabVIEW.

Description

This is an example of how can you send SMS message by LabVIEW. It can send message from the phone number you filled. And the indicator shows whether the transmission is complete. You can upgrade this example to do something more complex.

Requirements

• LabVIEW 2012 (or compatible)

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Fill the phone number and message field.
  2. Setup serial port configuration with the correct settings.
  3. Run the VI.

Additional Information or References  

VI Snippet

130.png

**This document has been updated to meet the current required format for the NI Code Exchange.**

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
sukrucelik
on

Thank you for your example.

NotanNIguru
on

Could you please save as version 10.  Thank you.

NewToLabvieww
on

can anyhow please tell me how does this work? All i have to do is to enter my phone number in? Or am i doing it wrong?

GStav
on

Just fill the phone number field and setup you serial port configuration with the correct settings ( gsm modem settings )

NewToLabvieww
on

Thanks man. But may i also ask can a iTegno W3800 work on this?

Mikosim
on

Hi. It's good example. Do you now how to send a single message to many phons at same time?

fuzhigeng
on

Thank you for your example.In doing this regard recently designed

qwerty7
on

Can anyone tell me the desired changes required for sending SMS to lit of recipients.