From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Example Code

Send SMS via SIM 900 AT GSM modem in LabVIEW

Code and Documents

Attachment

Overview

This VI send SMS using LabVIEW and a GSM modem like SIM900 AT or any other such modem

Description

Developed by Shreyas Technologies, India

For any additional functions like recieve SMS, make calls or recieve calls, etc contact us. This VI is easy to use , drag and drop with proper documentation and testing.

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

1. Unzip the rar file
  2. Install necessary drivers for your serial hardware and converters if any
  3. Insert an activated SIM card in the module and power on the device.
  4. Test the module by hyperterminal, putty or VISA test panel
  5. Once verfied and proper baud settings are set on the port, open the Send SMS AT.vi
  6. Enetr the port settings, mobile number and the mesage to be sent. Turn on the send SMS button.
  7. Run the VI. It should take not more than half a minute to send the SMS
  8. Once done, a popup will notify you if sent sucessfully or not.
  9. You may drag and drop this VI on you block diagram. The necessary teminals have been set. Just wire in the data, and there you go!

Do leave feedback and suggestions

Requirements

Software

LabVIEW 2010 and onwards

Device drivers for NI serial

Hardware

SIM900 AT (Tested)

Any GSM modem that supports similar AT commands

Additional Images or Video

Send SMS.png

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
Himanshu_Goyal
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16849 Dear Shreyas,

Is there any specific reason to password protecte your VI.

As i am able to see you are working on serial and to interect with modem obeously you might use AT commands. Is your develpement differ from other SMS solutions already available on NI website like this

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
Not applicable
on

Well it's as per our company policies we have protected the code. We believe in sharing our applications without having to know what's going behind the scenes and serve the purpose of the customer.

Also it's surprising to know that you are trying to market yourself for the code you have built and spamming on others documents.

You might want to go spam someone else.

தமிழ்நேரம்
on

Can we connect any mobile phone to a PC and can we use your labview apis to send sms?

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
முதல் இந்திய ஆய்வுமெகபொப சிற்பி
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்
யாதும் ஊரே! யாவரும் கேளிர்!!

immanuelalan04
on

can you also post a vi for receiving sms... i tried many vi's found n the net but its not working.. some vi's wrks somtime but gets disconnected frequently showing a symbol on the side of the com selector... 

beena.v21
on

Plz.. Can u send me the password for the block diagram of this project..

dbh2145
on

hye bro..can you show tutorial in video how IV send SMS using GSM when LED is detected..thanks..

PikopR
on

Hey please can you send me The code for this application?

karthikraja
on

Sir can u post or mail the block diagram of this code because am currently doing project on this.Please help me
my E-mail id is karthik.raja230@gmail.com

varun_dongre
on

can you share the password please 

Abouzar
on

new program to download sim 800 sen sms

Spoiler

https://www.eca.ir/2016/12/09/%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%84-sms-%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%B3%D8%B7-labview/