Example Code

Reading Smart TEDS Sensors and Virtual TEDS Files in LabVIEW

Products and Environment

This section reflects the products and operating system used to create the example.

To download NI software, including the products shown below, visit ni.com/downloads.

Driver

• NI-DAQ™mx

Code and Documents

Attachment

Description

This VI uses the DAQmx TEDS VIs and the TEDS Library for LabVIEW to retrieve information from a smart TEDS sensor and from a virtual TEDS file. TEDS information from either or both sources can be displayed in a LabVIEW table and the user can select the physical channel and/or the name of the virtual TEDS file.

The Virtual TEDS file needs to be located in the same directory as the example program in order to operate correctly.

Software Required: LabVIEW 7.1, NI-DAQmx 7.2, TEDS Library for LabVIEW

Related Links:

Example code from the Example Code Exchange in the NI Community is licensed with the MIT license.

Comments
richardscheff
on

I have a microphone I want to share some details on.  It is a HBK formerly B&K or Bruel & Kjaer.  It uses a 1 wire 256 bit chip from Analog devices.  DS2430A.

As far as I can tell it must be accessed via a 1 wire separate device, not something I can do through NI hardware.  I am using a DS2430A - USB device.

What is of note is that the TEDS data is stored in template IEEE1451.4 v0.9.

What that means is the serial number is bits 39-63.  

The easiest method I can find for collecting the bit stream is using the format into string function, with format string %08b.  Then concatenate array of strings.  Then use String Subset followed by Reverse String.  The resulted string can then be converted back to a numeric using Scan From String.

For those that do not know how to calculate ConRelRes.  For my particular template #12.  The formula is (minimum)*(1+2*tolerance)^(ConRelRes value) as an example.

ConRelRes= 31076.

.0001*(1.0002)^31076=.0499985V ~ 50mV.

I hope this helps.

Untitled.png