From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronisation Error -89136 with PXIe-1078

Hello everyone,

i have met a problem with my chassis PXIe-1078,  PXIe-1078 works with NI - 6363 Card and 6363 Card connects with SCB-68A box. 

At first I wanna explain my situation. I have built a big data acquisition programm with the functions: Thermocouple data acquisition with AnalogIn, Flow sensor data acquisition with CounterIn, and pressure sensor data acquisition with AnalogIn. For Thermocouple and Pressure Sensor I have to use Onboard Clock tu sample, and I can not use serie curcuit for this two, because of the after work. 

So that means, the best solution will be parallel curcuit, in this way I need to synchronize these two channels. I have seen from user manual of PXIe-1078, 

System Reference Clock

The NI PXIe-1078 chassis supplies PXI_CLK10, PXIe_CLK100, and

PXIe_SYNC100 to every peripheral slot with an independent driver for

each signal.

At first, I made a test with the Synchronisation example from LabVIEW, see pic_1, and I just used defaut value of CLK_100, and I got the error report 89131,

Possible reason(s):

An attempt has been made to perform a route when the source and the destination are the same terminal.

In many cases, such as when configuring an external clock or a counter source, you must select a PFI, PXI Trigger, or RTSI line as the source terminal.

Property: Start.DigEdge.Src
Property: Start.DigEdge.Edge

and if I choosed CLK_10, I got an error report 89136, 

Specified route cannot be satisfied, because the hardware does not support it.

Aber it could not be that, one side tell me, PXIe-1078 supplies CLK10, CLK100, another side tell me: no, hard ware does not support it....

Can anyone give me some tipps? 

Thanks alot.

Minglu 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,833 Views)

Analog Input-Synchronization.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,827 Views)

I know this is old, but if anyone stumbles on this, I found this answer to be helpful. In VS, disabling the PXI Backplane Reference Clock (setting the value to "None") resolved my issue for now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,454 Views)