Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swept sine measurement phase shift problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you! I am testing with couple of filters and the phase looks great.

Hopefully the last and the very last question though. I get this for 3rd order sallen key low pass filter and it seems like the boundary is just off? Capture2.PNG

I'm looking into different VI blocks within the swept sine VI. Would you have any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,500 Views)

Hard to know exactly what is meant by your question(s). Feel free to mark up your screenshots to let the community know what you don't expect and/or what you do expect in your measurements.

Wild stabs

You may want to unwrap phase (which is a view input to the SVT Read Swept Frequency Response VI).

Also remember, that this VI compensates the phase spectrum by a constant time delay. Your goal isn't to make the average of the phase spectrum be zero. Put another way, for any given filter, even after removing phase due to a constant time delay, one could still expect a frequency-dependent phase response.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,499 Views)

I'm looking into different VI blocks within the swept sine VI. Would you have any suggestions?

What are you looking for?

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,497 Views)

I apologize for the vague question. However, unwrapping the phase did the work! Thank you so much!

Best,

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,492 Views)