Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase measurement with order analysis

Hello,

It's my first request so ... sorrry for mistakes and misunderstanding.

I'm facing with a problem using a example call OAT High Speed Tacho.lvproj. It was adapted with my hardware :

•     NI -cRIO-9074 (slot 1 pin damaged)
  •     NI-9234 slot 2 : ai0 used
  •     NI-9205 slot 3 : ai23 differential mode used

The primary goal of my RT application is a phase measurement between a tacho signal and accelerometer signals. The tacho signal is not a counter but an analog sensor with sinus output.

I simulate the same signal with Waveform generator Agilent 33210A.The sinus parameters are : frequency 5 or 10 Hz, amplitude 1V or 2V, no offset. A Y coupling with BNC cables are used to send this signal to both analog input (tacho & accelerometer). I 'm aware about the problem of input delay caused by Delta-Sigma converter of NI-9234.So I decide to test with a zero phase signal to know how many samples are requested for compensation.

My problem is when I'm running the [RT] Cont Acq (AnalogTach).vi, I see different values in average phase indicator, even changing the amplitude or frequency of input sinus. The accelerometer seems to be not synchronize with a zero threshold detector for the tacho signal.

Parameters of the UI :

Threshold : 0V  ; Hysteresis : 0.5V

Sampling Frequency : 5120 samp/s ; No sample: 5120 (1s of signal)

9221 rate (it's 9205 rate) : 400 ticks (360 is the lowest I can get)

When I take a close look to the FPGA vi, I think that's all loops are functional, even if there are no trigger when tacho input passes zero. So what's wrong ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,314 Views)

I expected to see a a vibration signal and a tachometer signal in your pictures, but only saw one sine wave. If you are measuring the phase difference between the analog tachometer (sine wave generated externally) and noise on a vibration channel, you should expect to see fluctuating measurements. "T" your tachometer signal into both the tachometer input channel and the vibration input channel,and see what you get.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,288 Views)

Thanks for your reply Doug,

It's what I've done. The tachometer (ai23 of NI-9205) and vibration input chanel (ai0 of NI-9234) are the same signal. The red line is the ai1 NI-9234 which was not used during the test. The upper graph show waveform (output from WaveformCrio library)and the lower the ai0 after convert_to_even_angle_vi

According to OAT process, the tachometer info is used to resample the vibration signal into even angle signal, then OAT get magnitude & Phase give the right phase between tacho and vibration signal (1st order average phase). I was expected to see a value not equal to zero (because time delay of DSA NI-9234 was not compensate, sample correction =0 on picture) but I was surprised to see -20.53°, then stop - restart and see another value and so on.

My first problem was how synchronize a analog input from DSA 9234 and and analog input of SAR NI-9205 with FPGA Loop. It seems that the sample clock can not be shared between C-modules, Right ?

So I've found this example in NI.com : http://www.ni.com/example/31301/en/

I made few modifications on it and start with phase compensation. I understand the tach event count and the FPGA seems to be right for me. But I don't understand my result. I was expected a 40 samples correction (formula say 40/fs + 3.2 microsecond). For 10Hz signal input, it equivalent to 14°.

Is there any other method to synchronize both analog inputs from DSA and SAR modules in a FPGA ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,282 Views)