From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any plan to for usb 9234 to support hardware trigger?

We expect to provide our low cost modal testing solution based on NI usb-9234 and ModalVIEW software. Hardware trigger is needed when using usb 9234 to perform impact testing.

Message Edited by Troglodyte on 07-11-2008 10:44 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,114 Views)

Thank you for your post. 

In order to keep the power of the board to a minimum, and to keep our prices very competitive, our customers use software triggering for applications such as impact hammer test.  We are happy to coach your development team in the implementation of software analog triggering in LabVIEW, Our Sound and Vibration Assistant, or with our "C" Api.  I have asked our Product Support Engineer to post a note regarding the "C" api function calls.  Stay tuned. 

Also, please feel free to contact us directly as the need arises. 

Sincerely,

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,091 Views)
Thanks. we have implemented the software trigger for NI 9234. It would be nice if 9234 provides hardware trigger directly, so we need maintain only one copy of source code for different DSA hardware.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(9,085 Views)
Hello,

That is good feedback, unfortunately due to limitations in both space and power we do not have any plans to add HW triggering to the 923x module.  If used in a cDAQ chassis however, other modules that do support analog/digital triggering (like the NI 9205) can be used in conjunction with the 923x to share triggers and give you some HW triggering functionality.  Your original post asked about the "usb-9234" so I gather you are using the 9234 in the NI USB-9162 sleve.  We do not have any HW triggering solutions for that usb carrier.  If my assumption is incorrect or if you plan on moving to the cDAQ platform let me know and I can point you to some resources on the subject.

Best Regards,

Jeff Tipps
Product Support Engineer -  DSA, SMIO, R Series
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,062 Views)
Yeah, I am using 9234 and 9162 carrier. cDAQ platform is good but need extra power supply. It is suitable to be used in the test lab.

Thanks for your information.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(9,040 Views)

there is a post for impact test example that includes a software (analog level) trigger:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=231&message.id=6798&jump=true

Message Edited by dsb@NI on 05-19-2010 09:50 AM
Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,505 Views)