DutLUG - Dutch LabVIEW Usergroup

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 15-12-2022

Dear DutLUG community,

I hereby announce the presentations for our next DutLUG meeting in December.

Stay healthy and see you all soon! 🙂

1. Stefan Lemmens - Managing package requirements per project using Conan

(This presentation will be in English)

Every project is different and therefore has different dependencies. We love to package and reuse our code as much as possible but not all projects need the same reuse code nor the same version of those packages. So wouldn't it be better to deploy packages per project instead of per LabVIEW version. This presentation will briefly describe how others have tried to solve this problem and how we did it by managing packages in LabVIEW with Conan, an open source package manager for C/C++.
After a short demo we can discuss whether or not a frog can beat a dragon...

2.  Maarten Scherjon - The LabVIEW node in python, RLI

(This presentation will be in English)

When all the effort goes into calling Python from LabVIEW (NI Python Node), why would somebody familiar with Python not want to control LabVIEW from Python. This question started the search for a dedicated bi-directional tightly coupled interface from Python to LabVIEW. This resulted in a piece of code and architecture that can be reused in many different interfaces inside LabVIEW as well as outside like Python, MATLAB or maybe other? Together we can bridge the gap for one or the other to one and the other!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,997 Views)

Good morning how can I see the presentations?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,839 Views)

Good morning Luis,

To see the presentations you have to attend the meeting in-person in Eindhoven, we will not be recording or live-streaming, I'm sorry.

Best,

Pascal

Message 3 of 7
(1,831 Views)

Are the DutLUG dates in 2023 available?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,764 Views)

Hello William,

Thank you for reaching out.

The dates will be announced in the beginning of 2023, consider to register to our newsletter to stay up to date:

https://vi-tech.us10.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a4493009a3b61efed92f8cd33&id=4f61a3ae26

Best,

Pascal

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,756 Views)

Hello,

Thanks everybody for attending yesterday. To get yourself started i fixed the code and updated the GitHub repo.

So try it out below!

https://github.com/VITechnologies/RemoteLabVIEWInterface

Maarten

Message 6 of 7
(1,702 Views)

Hello everybody,

thanks for attending the DutLUG yesterday. Here's a copy of my presentation.

If anybody gets the urge to start exploring Conan as a package manager for LabVIEW don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Stefan

Message 7 of 7
(1,697 Views)