Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nirlp and daqmx together?

I've got a PXI-6529 card that appears to work with nirlp out of the box (I didn't have to do much) that is not supported by DAQmx under Linux.  When I access my other cards from DAQmx, the DAQmx driver says the card is "Not Available" so I'm guessing the nirlp driver is taking over.

Is there a way to target the nirlp only to cards I want to use it with, or are the updates to DAQmx (Currently 8.0.2) that support the 6529 card?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,978 Views)

johnbull wrote:

Is there a way to target the nirlp only to cards I want to use it with, or are the updates to DAQmx (Currently 8.0.2) that support the 6529 card?

Hi John,

The DAQmx 8.0.2 release is the newest for Linux, so let's make the nirlpk module less greedy.

The module attaches to all NI PCI/PXI devices -- see lines 87..91 in nirlpk.c for the association table. If you want to limit the 6529 to just this module, change PCI_ANY_ID to the PID of the 6529. I don't recall it off the top of my head, but 'lspci -nn' should be able to identify it for you.

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,970 Views)

Joe

Perfect!  I added 0x7327 (PXI-6529)  to the PID and voila, it is the only one registered by the nirlpk module, and I have DAQmx access to the other cards.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,965 Views)