Driver Development Kit (DDK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux driver for 6321 and 6323

Hello,

I'm working on a Linux/Xenomai RTDM driver for the NI X-Series Cards 6321 and 6323. I've reached a point where I can run the NI test programs on top of the new driver and now I have a few questions. I've attached a protocol of running some of the test programs and will refer to that as I go along.

BTW, I also have a BNC-2120 which connected to the 6321.

My basic question is: Does the output look okay to you?

boardBringup: The result looks okay to me, but I don't really know what to expect. Is the output okay?

aiex1: I hook up the function generator on the BNC-2120 to ai0 on the BNC-2120. I've checked the function generator with an oscilloscope and it is producing a sine wave between 2.5 and -2.5 Volt, so the resulting values look okay to me. ai1...ai3 aren't connected.

dioex1: The diodes on the BNC-2120 flash, so again, the seems okay.

aoex1: Now, the protocol looks okay but there is nothing measurable coming in on the oscilloscope. The oscilloscope shows, that it's being triggered, but there is nothing that even remotely reminds me of a sine wave between -5 and 5 Volt, but the osci does show some noise in the lower milliVolt range. Do you have any ideas here?

Oh yes, one more question: How do I convert DAQ-Codes to Voltage and vice versa? Does it have something to do with the cofficients listed by boardBringup? Because this may be the problem with aoex1...

I'm looking forward to your replies!

Best regards,

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(8,255 Views)

Did you ever finish the driver? Is it available (without support of course)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,720 Views)