Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ui.vi error in Polynomial Scaling Module

I am getting an pop-up window with an error when I open the configuration editor and click on either the shared memory or polynomial scale modules. The other modules work fine

Dev Error: The Ui.vi for the selected class is broken.

The config editor loads just fine and the pcfg file loads ok too.

This is on a new installation of LabVIEW 2016. I removed and reinstalled all of the DCAF modules as a first step but that did not help. I am using the newer, unpublished scaling modules (Matt's email 10/4/16), scaling framework 1.0.8.24 and scaling polynomial 1.0.2.33.  The Shared Memory module is the current published version 1.0.1.18.

I also tried loading the DCAF example project with the pcfg file and then added a Polynomial Scaling module; when I clicked on the scaling module I received the same error so it appears DCAF related. Perhaps something to do with using LV 2016?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,687 Views)

Thanks for letting us know, Steve!  I'll give this a try either this afternoon or in the morning.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,683 Views)

Looks likely related to the Table API changes we're publishing soon.

If you want to find root cause of error, just navigate to the Scaling UI's source code:

<LabVIEW>\vi.lib\NI\DCAF Templates\DCAF Scaling\Scaling.lvproj, and open the configuration UI, under the Scaling editor node class.

If that VI has a broken Run arrow, look for the item(s) at the top of the error list with a red 'X' glyph.  If you're not sure how to fix anything there, post here and I'll give it a look.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,678 Views)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I've looked at what you recommended for the scaling module and also looked at the shared memory module.

1.  The <LabVIEW>\vi.lib\NI\DCAF Templates\DCAF Scaling\Scaling.lvproj, configuration UI.vi , under the Scaling editor node class, does not have a broken run arrow. When I load the project and try to run the vi it generates an error.

Error 1556 occurred at In Place Element Structure in Scaling editor node.lvclass:Get Scale UI State.vi->Scaling editor node.lvclass:configuration UI.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The reference is invalid. This error might occur because the reference has been deleted.

I stepped through the code and the error is generated in NISE_CEF_Node.lvclass: GetTreeStack.vi. The reference "node ref" in configuration UI.vi seems to be invalid. I have not been able to determine why.

2. Looking at the shared memory module.lvproj\Shared Memory Editor Node.lvclass\configuration UI.vi. The run arrow on this one is broken. The top item with an error (red X) refers to the Shared Memory Editor Node.lvclass:ToTable.vi.

Error details:

VI doesn't match other VIs in the method, Connector Pane Terminal(s) are different. All VIs that implement a method of a LabVIEW class must match Connector Panes. To correct this, compare Connector Pane of both this VI and the VI of an ancestor class that implements this method.

I cannot find a connector pane in the ancestor class to compare it to.

I would appreciate it if you could take a look at this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,675 Views)

A quick update. The ToTable.vi appears to have been the problem. Details are in a post from Mikhail M. that is stuck in moderator land for some reason. I have rolled back the shared memory module to 1.0.12 and both the Shared Memory and Polynomial Scaling modules are working properly.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,628 Views)