Distributed Control & Automation Framework (DCAF)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing UDP module to add

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the UDP broadcast module installed and the modules location is set correctly in the DCAF editor. However, I don't have the option to add the module to any of the engines. Is it a bug, or is it blocked by my configuration?

I've attached my configuration.

PS: someone at NI should tell the forum admins to allow *.pcfg files to be attached to posts.

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,305 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichaelAivaliotis

When you go to actually add the module it is under Remote I/O > TEC (TagBus Engine Communication Module). When you add the module it labels itself UDP in the tree which is probably where a lot of confusion is coming from.

I would be up for changing the default name in the tree to be TagBus Engine Communication and expanding the right-click option to be the full name rather than the initialism but let me know what you think.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,300 Views)

OK, thanks for the reply.

Well the confusion for me was that the package is called UDP Broadcast module. Perhaps the VI Package name should be changed as well to match. I can see why the name changed. It makes sense. This new module is a general catch-all for the different communication methods. I don't have a preference on the tree name though. However, it should not be called UDP. TEC would be better.

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,291 Views)