From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone have a good recommendation for a PoE Voltmeter which can be integrated into Labview/TestStand?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have started searching for a PoE Voltmeter, but so far all the ones I found are for hand held Field Service use.   I am looking for an industrial version that can be integrated into an automated manufacturing environment.

Can anyone point me to a PoE Voltmeter which has either ethernet or USB control.   Ideally with Labview drivers. but If I have to make those myself I'll be ok with that.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,656 Views)

Hi Paul,

Just to clarify, are you looking for a voltmeter powered over Ethernet, or are you looking for a voltmeter to measure voltage on an Ethernet cable?

William R.

National Instruments

William R.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,637 Views)

I am looking for a meter to test/measure the POE source. 

Like these:

Byte Brothers POE1000 Power Panel Jack and PoE Tester

or

WS-PoE-Tester

This will be used in a automated manufacturing environment to test a PoE port on our product.    Basically I would want one of the above with that added feature to read out the results via a USB or ethernet port to a computer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,627 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul.Boucher

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything quite like that around. The closest thing I was able to find was the Reach Technology RT-PoE3N, which looks like it might have RS-232 connectivity. 

Another option might be to tap out the voltages from the PSE, and read those using a more general tool like a DMM or DAQ device. Something like the FM-Systems POET-1. Might something like that work?

There might be someone on the forums who is more familiar with POE than I am, but that's what I was able to dig up.

William R.

National Instruments

William R.
Message 4 of 5
(5,596 Views)

Thank you William,     Other then having more ports than I need I think this will do nicely.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,586 Views)