From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very new user with LabView 2014 and NI-DMM USB 4065

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm a very new user and have looked through a few tutorials to try and get started.  I'm currently having trouble getting the NI-DMM USB 4065 (driver 15.2) to show up under physical channels whenever I try to use DAQ Assistant in LabView 2014.  It shows up under the devices list in NI MAX (version 16.0) and the self-test works.  I've tried to set up a global virtual channel under the data neighborhood as well, but it still doesn't show up under physical channels.  Everything seems to be compatible, but like I said, I'm very new to this.  

I'm basically trying to set up labview so that I can get a simple current vs time graph that can record the current for up to one week.  I can get the NI-DMM/Switch Express to work whenever I run the icon alone in the block diagram, but don't know how to actually get it to a graph I can use.    

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,375 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author eyeung
I'm currently having trouble getting the NI-DMM USB 4065 (driver 15.2) to show up under physical channels whenever I try to use DAQ Assistant in LabView 2014.

The USB-4065 won't work in DAQ Assistant. Only devices that you program using the DAQmx API will work in DAQ Assistant. The USB-4065 is programmed using the NI-DMM API.

A good way to get started is to look at the examples that we ship with NI-DMM. From LabVIEW's Help menu select Find Examples.. to open Example Finder. You can then look at the DMM examples.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
Message 2 of 3
(4,361 Views)

Great, thank you for the quick response! I won't waste my time with DAQ Assistant anymore and have started looking at the examples already.  Any other helpful tips are appreciated!  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,350 Views)