From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB.NET Example Only 32-bit?

I only seem to be able to get the VB.NET example "Continuous Acquisition with NI-DMM in VB.NET" to work when I set my build target to 32-bit. If I run it in 64-bit, I get an error that "An attempt was masde to load a program with an incorrect format".

Is it possible to run this in 64-bit? The rest of my project is set for 64-bit.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,570 Views)

Hello, 

Some of our older DMMs only work in 32-Bit. To make sure that you can use the DMM with your OS, can you open NI MAX and try to use a test panel. If you cannot, then you are not going to be able to use this DMM with your current OS.

I hope that this helps you.

Regards, 

Sal H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,555 Views)

Sal,]

Thanks, but that's not the question I was asking. I am attempting to either use the NI-provided example "Continuous Acquisition with NI-DMM in VB.NET" in Visual Studio with a 64- bit target architecture, or alternately add niDMM.vb to my 64-bit Visual Studio project and have it work. However, both cases generate errors for an architecture mismatch.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,549 Views)

You will need to modify the project yourself and link against nidmm_64.dll.

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,547 Views)

Marcos,

I added a reference to nidmm_64.dll, and I continue to get two errors when attempting to build the example in Visual Studio:

1) Unable to locate referenced assembly: (here is a path to a file named Interop.CWUIControlsLib.dll"

2) A single valid machine type compatible with the input type library must be specified.

This clearly seems like an architecture mismatch, despite adding the 64-bit dll and setting my taret to 64-bit in Visual Studio. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,543 Views)