Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Multimeter doesn't appear in measurement and automation explorer

I have a new Keithley 2100 digital multimeter with USB interface.  It uses the USB Test and Measurement Standard.  When I plug it into my computer it shows up in the windows "Devices and Printers" panel as an unspecified device, with the name "2100 multimeter", but it doesn't appear in the list of connected devices in measurement and automation explorer.  It also doesn't appear to Keithley's own software.  I have also installed their drivers and I/O layer software, but it doesn't recognize the device either.

Originally when I plugged in the multimeter it would start up Labview Signal Express, which we only had an evaluation license to, and tell me that the license was expired.  I uninstalled Signal Express, and now nothing happens when I plug the multimeter in. 

I've tried restarting, refreshing, and reinstalling everything except for the full labview suite, which I'm concerned would affect the performance of existing programs.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,020 Views)

Disconnect your 2100 from the pc.

Install the full version of the latest version of NI-VISA.

Then then reconnect the 2100 instrument USB connector to the pc.

This should cause USBTMC driver to be installed or prompt you to allow it to install (depends on the OS).

Open NI-VISA Interactive Control and your USB device should be listed.

Message 2 of 3
(6,015 Views)

I installed the latest version of labview drivers that came in the mail and MAX picked up the multimeter now.  I thought I had the latest version of VISA installed already, so I'm not sure what changed, but it seems to work now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,010 Views)