From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble specifying TTL for digital outputs from PCI-6221

Hi!

I'm trying to generate TTL output signals using a PCI-6221 daq board - within Labview, I'm using DaqMx to create two digital waveforms and then write these. When I plug in an oscilloscope, the shapes/frequencies of the signals are correct, but the lower value is 0V, and the higher value is 1V, rather than the TTL values. Is there a way to specify these voltage levels to TTL within the software? I see from NI help that "do.logicfamily" exists to specify TLL, but when I add a property node and connect it to the channels, I do not see Logic Family as an option under "digital output." Let me know if you have any ideas!

Thank you,

Emily

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,220 Views)

Set your oscilloscope to use 1MOhm impedence.  Your problem is that the maximum current for those DIO is 24mA.  1V/50 Ohms = 20mA.  So you are current limiting the digital outputs.  If you need more current, then you need to add in some digital buffer chips that can output more current.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(4,203 Views)