From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change PFI ports

The DAQ asst. in LV 7.1 says: Connect to PFI 10, but I have only PFI 1 to 9 on my BNC 2120 connecting board. How can I change it?
I am using a M-series card PCI 6221.

Thanks a lot

Marco
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,170 Views)

Hello Marco. 

Thank you for posting to the NI Discussion Forums. 

You can get around this fact by routing the B input of your counter to a different PFI line.  It's default is PFI10, but this can be changed with a propety node.  First, after you configure your DAQ Assistant, please right click on it and selecting Generate NI-DAQmx code.  This will automatically convert the DAQ Assistant to lower level VI's.  Then to change the PFI line associated with the B input, place a DAQmx channel property node on your VI and change the property to Counter Input>>Position>>B Input>>Terminal.  Then, right click on the property node and select "Change all to Read", create a constant for the input to the property node and select another unused PFI line. 

This should make your application successful.  If my statements trigger new questions or need clarification, don't hesitate to ask!

Brian F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,157 Views)

<duplicate entry deleted>

Message Edited by Brian F. on 05-10-2007 02:53 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,158 Views)
Please help. I am not able to locate >>B Input>>Terminal.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,895 Views)

Hi,

I have attached some screen shots that should help you to navigate to the correct property node in order to change the PFI line which you will use. I hope this helps!

One you place the Channel Property node then you will navigate as follows.

Message Edited by jaced on 12-19-2007 02:27 PM
JaceD
Signal Sources Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,885 Views)
Thanks!:womanwink:
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,872 Views)