Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adjustable digital input voltage

Hello,

I have a 9402 DI card I'm using in a 9139 cDAQ. I'd like to take some PWM voltage measurements and do some sort of counter scheme to back out RMS values, harmonics, etc. However, the voltage is (nominally) 220 V (on), and all I have are 100x attenuation probes, knocking my "on" voltage to ~2.2V (well below the "on" level for traditional 5V TTL). Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the on/off threshold voltage for a 9402 card (or just general LabVIEW tricks with DI/DO)?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,057 Views)

Hi,

The specification of the 9402 says; 'Input high, VIH ...........................2 V min' so with 2.2V it just might work.

You say '~2.2V' which tells me that it is AC. Since it is PWM  assume it is DC.

You could also use a resistor divider to get a 5V signal. With a resistor of 4.7k and 205k in series you have a 4.9V signal over the 4.7k resistor.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,040 Views)
Hi Kees,

The "~" means (in Yellow Dart speak) approximately. I know that 2.2V is right on the edge of the typical TTL threshold. I'don't like to be able to run off of a lower bus voltage as well (maybe 180 or so), so I was curious if there was a way to adjust it well out of the way (maybe 1V or so). It'd be a lot easier than setting up a divider if it were possible, but if not then, given just my 9402 and a 100x attenuation probes, it might be my only solution.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,002 Views)
*I'd like to
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,001 Views)

As far as I know the voltage of the digital input is not adjustable.

I think the easiest solutions are:

-1-

Use a daq with a analogue input and the 1:100 divider you have.

-2-

Built your own divider but less dependent of the input voltage. I think this can be done with a few resistors and a zenerdiode.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,983 Views)

Another option is to use a comparitor chip.  You can set your own threshold level and the output of the comparitor is a true TTL level.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,945 Views)