Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to initialize PCI-6601 and PCI-DIO-96 boards

I have 3 National Instrument boards in my test system, a PCI-6704, a PCI-6601, and a PCI-DIO-96. 
When I run MAX, I can see the PCI-6704 at Device 1, PCI-6601 at Device 2, and the PCI-DIO-96 at Device 3.

I can go into the properties of each device and change the device numbers.  When I try to execute the test panels
for the PCI-6601 or the PCI-DIO-96 I get either a -10401 or -10402 error code.  -10401 is the error for the device not
being a National Instrument product or not configured error.  -10402 is the error device not found error.  I get the same
error codes running a LabWindows/CVI program that has not changed since 07/04. 

I have replaced the PCI-DIO-96 with a spare and get the same error.

The PCI-6704 runs fine.  I am running DAQ 7.0.0f8

The test system was running the day before and has been in service for 3 years.  No new software was
loaded between the time the system was running and this error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,249 Views)

Dear Paul,

Since you changed the device name under properties, I am going to assume that you are using Traditional (Legacy) DAQ. Does the same thing happen when you change the device names in DAQmx? Do you get different results when you move the boards around in different PCI slots? Something must have changed since the day that it was working. Check the hardware to make sure that the pins didn't get bent and that all of the terminals are wired correctly. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Marni S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,237 Views)

Moving the boards to different slots on the motherboard appears to

have fixed the problem.  This makes no sense, but since the tester is

running I do not care.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,230 Views)