Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6525 measure pulse width

I am working on a speed sensor that inputs a signal into a NI USB-6525. The signal switches from low to high then back to low. I need to determine either the width of the pulse or the frequency within the vi I have construcuted but have been unable to figure out how to do this with this board. No problem getting the signal in, just can't figure out how to process the data for the information I need.

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,494 Views)

ronnie87,

Unfortunately it looks like the NI USB-6525 cannot make a pulse width measurement.  It can only count edges. To measure the pulse width of your signal, you will need a different piece of DAQ hardware that is capable of making a pulse width measurement.

Eric K

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,470 Views)

To any one:

Most cell phones operate around 1900 megahertz, transmitting a stream of zeroes and ones. Could you tell me what the width of the zeroes are and the width of the ones?

Jack Weldon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,341 Views)

Jack,

Welcome to the NI discussion forums!

I could be wrong, but I believe that the pulse width is going to depend on what protocol is being used (cdma, gsm, etc...).

You may want to create a new thread in the RF Measurement Devices Board to get more views/responses on this post.

Thanks,

Eric K

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,303 Views)