Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with driver version

Hello,

I have a problem with NIDAQmx80

I am installing a compiled application which was written in Labview 7.1.1. It is a replication of existing equipment.

I have to install a PCI-6528 NI DIO Card and have the application installers.

The problem is that after I istall the NI card drivers which came with the board (NI-DAQmx v8.0) and try to run the application program, I get the following message:

"Executable version (7.1.1.) doesn't match resource (7.1).
Check your configuration"

I tried different options when selecting the component options during NI-DAQmx installation, but still haven't found the right one or I don't even know if I can get it.

At the moment I have no option of re-write the program and also I don't want to rewrite the program every time NI releases new drivers. We already had to do that once when had to move from NI-DAQ to NI-DAQmx.  And the program remains the same. We are only installing new stations.

Please let me know what to do.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,519 Views)
I don't think your problem has anything to do with DAQmx. The message is refering to different versions of LabVIEW. Make sure that the run-time engine you are installing is 7.1.1 and that when you did the upgrade from 7.1 to 7.1.1, your app builder also got upgraded.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,514 Views)

The run time engine is installed automatically during the installation of the NI-DAQmx.

It asks for installation of support for v8.0, v7.1 or 7.0.

I have tried with all options and combinations, but the same result is obtained.

I decided to install NI-DAQmx 7.5 and the problem is gone. But I still wonder If I did something wrong.

I think the new drivers should support older programs. In this case, I have the installers, not the source code or the App builder because I am on the road installing replicas of an existing system which should be the same in every site.

Should I try to install Run Time Engine 7.1.1. after installing the included NIDAQ CD  (8.0)?

What support options should I choose during NI-DAQmx 8.0 installation?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,510 Views)
I wasn't aware that DAQmx installed LabVIEW run-time engines but looking at the version 8.0 distribution, I can see a folder called LabVIEW_Runtime_Engine_71 but then there is a folder called LV711RTE underneath that. On the other hand, the DAQmx distribution has a folder called LVRTUpdate with a LVRT711_01.msi file. It's possible that the 8.0 installation is putting a 7.1.0 run-time on instead of 7.1.1. On my computer though, the run-time engine that is installed is version 7.1.1. I do have DAQmx 8.0 installed and never did upgrade my 7.1 version of LabVIEW to 7.1.1. In any case, installing the correct run-time after installing DAQmx should fix the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,506 Views)