Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-DIO-96 with VB 6.0

we are using PCI-DIO-96 card which is working fine throug measurement and automation and we want to use VB to automate the process but Using DIO object, when we checking for device name, it always coming as none.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,593 Views)
Hi Ghatig,

It is great to hear that the PCI-DIO-96 is working in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX), as this is an essential interaction between the driver calls and the hardware. Visual Basic by nature will not auto-populate a text box used for the device name and channel, as MAX does. The channel list will need to be input manually declaring ports and lines (I.E - "Dev1/port0/line0:7"). If this is not what you are looking for, I may suggest posting screenshots to help describe the issue you are seeing. Feel free to be as detailed as possible to help describe what is happening, and what you are looking for.

Regards,
David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,580 Views)
Hi David,
That was helpful. I am working on it. If I need any help, I will contact you.

Thanks & Regards,
Giridhar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,570 Views)

I got same problem in VB6. Using right click on CWDIO component and select property page.

The list of Device have all "none". But Measurement & Automation works find.

How to solve this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,102 Views)

Attach so screen shot

Device in VB6 properties.

DIO-96 Device None.JPG

Device in Measurement & Automation

DIO-96 Measurement.JPG

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,099 Views)

Hi

as David had said auto population wont be possible in VB. You should a normal string constant instead of property page.

.......^___________________^
....../ '---_BOT ____________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,077 Views)