Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-DIO-96 driver issue

I have 2 DIO-96 boards and a PCI-6723 board. When installed the DIO boards appear as Dev. 1 and 2 under Traditional and under DAQmx the listing is DIO Dev. 1, 6723 Dev. 2, DIO Dev 3. How do I make it so they appear the same? Example issue: Init_DA_Brds doesn't support the 6723 as it's a DAQmx only board. If you call Init_DA_Brds with the device number set to 2, then the function successfully executes and the device code set is invalid. If I remove the 2nd DIO card then the same call results in the function call failing ( correct results ). Essentially, I think the call works because it sees the DIO card under traditional drivers and the value is invalid because it's being set for a 6723 which isn't supported. Can I port the DIO-96 to use only DAQ
mx API calls and uninstall the Traditional drivers? ( if so, where do I find the calls to replace the traditional API calls ) Can I set up the cards in MAX somehow to avoid it all together? Thanks.
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,851 Views)
Hello Grasshopper,

The easiest thing to do is to go into MAX and right click on the devices under DAQmx and rename them however you would like. That's one of many things that is great about DAQmx. Also, I do not quite understand the example you give for Init_DA_Brds above. There is no way that the Traditional NI-DAQ function call is in anyway referencing the 6723. As you stated, the 6723 is only supported under DAQmx.

In regards to using the same functionality in DAQmx -- devices are no longer associated with device codes in DAQmx. This is a feature which has been dropped. If you want to identify which device you have installed, you will have to use a DAQmx Device Property Node to query either the device name or the serial number.

I hope this helps y
ou out. Post back if you have some more questions.

Jared A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,851 Views)
Is it conceivable to use only DAQmx drivers and uninstall the traditional to operate the card and prevent confusion of device names? Thanks.
-G-
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,851 Views)
Absolutely. You should confirm that all of your devices are supported in NI-DAQmx with the version that you are using and the OS you are running. You can check all of this information at the following page - DAQ Driver Versions. I took a look and I think you'll be OK, but you should confirm.

Also, since you will no longer have Traditional NI-DAQ support installed on your computer, make sure that there are no other programs or instruments you plan on using that require the support. Otherwise, you should be in the clear.

Jared
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,851 Views)

Hi JaredA

Sorry, I have saw you have retired. But I hope you can see this message.

Now I have a PCI DIO-96 and PCI 6259 in my PC. I install the Traditional NI-DAQ 7.5 and the NI-DAQmx Device Drive 15.1.1. But when I run the Init_DA_Brds which defined in the 

dataacq.h, the return value is -10005. Could you help to give me some suggestion, what should cause this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,526 Views)