Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9401 TTL to non-TTL signal

Hi Everybody,

I am using Labview FPGA modules. I want to trigger 5V relay.  I have got a NI-9401. This is 8 channel 5V TTL digital out module. But my relays isn't triggering with TTL signal.

Briefly, How Can I Use my TTL Signal to Generate a non-TTL Digital Signal?

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,301 Views)

What relay are you using.  Generally, relays need a good amount of current in order to switch.  DIO generally cannot source that much current (2mA for the 9401 from what I can gather from the datasheet).  So you may need to add a buffer circuit to get the current draw you need.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,274 Views)

Hi,

I am using relay in attachment. I think this problem is about inadequate current. You are right. Well, may I do buffer circuit with Labview? Or is the buffer circuit only hardware? Can you help me ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,262 Views)

That is quite a bit of coil current.  You may need a buffer chip and something like a Solid State Relay to control that relay properly.  Something like a SN74ACT245PWR  buffer chip with a DO061A SSR should do the job.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,246 Views)

Thank you for your advice

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,243 Views)