From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 6585 Clock Out

Is it possible to generate and send a 400M Hz clock on the DDC CLk Out pair of the NI 6585 Module?  If not what is the fastest clock?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,830 Views)

Hello Sholm,

The maximum clock rate to/from the 6585 is 200MHz.

Cheers.

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,805 Views)

Is it possible to send a copy of the DDC B(PFIO) clock on the DIO11 pair - I'm using the provide clip that is made so that each output is controllable. I set up the DDC B clock output to provide 160M hz clock - however I also need that clock on the DIO11 pair.

Is there any notes or instructions on modifying the provided clips?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,651 Views)

Hello Sholm,

I'm still looking for ways to edit the CLIP - haven't found any resources on doing that yet.

Until then, there is a small work-around to make something like that happen, but it isn' pretty.

notPretty.png

This won't get the 160 MHz clock output on DDC CLK OUT onto pin 11, but it will get a 160MHz toggling signal onto that pin.

I'll post back after I've done more digging on editing the CLIP.

cheers.

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,618 Views)

Hi Sholm,

It's also possible to use the DDR CLIP to generate the clock.  You will have to add the IO Module Clock 1 base clock, then in the Clock Selections tab choose IO Module Clock 1 as the DDCB_GenClock.  From there you can do something like this:

Clock Generation Using DDR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,602 Views)