Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring the value of temperature sensor using RTD

I have a Pt1000 temperature sensor and I am having a hard time understanding the value I'm getting.
The temperature should be around 20-25C and I am expecting to get a value of the resistance of around 1000ohm but I am getting a value of 25ohm.
Could someone explain to me if that's possible that I get the value of temperature directly like that ? I am using NI 9226 as an input/output Module in a compactRIO chassis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,241 Views)

It would be good to share the connection diagram and code used to help you better

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,209 Views)

So I figured out why I was getting the value I was getting, the module was configured to calibrate the values it is getting first so now I configured it to show the raw values and now I am again getting wrong values. I am getting around 1M Ohm which is so high, I am expecting only 1000ohm. 
I attached my connection diagram and here is the documentation from National Instruments that I followed: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MQSSA2&l=de-DE

The program itself is actually pretty simple I just used FPGA I/O Node to read the measurment of the sensor so I exclude that the programming is the reason for my problem.

What I also did was measuring the resistance of the Pin connector at the pins I am using and at the Sensor connector and I got from both the measuring that  I'm expecting to get (1000ohm). Is there anything else I should do before I give up and say that the module is malfunctioned?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,178 Views)

Your "Wiring diagram" makes no sense. Why is there no connection to the excitation terminal?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,127 Views)

Because it's a two wire-connection not a 3 or 4 wire connection. Did you check the national instruments document I posted the link to? 
I eventually got the right values with that "wiring diagram".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,115 Views)