From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI for NI USB-6501

Hello:

I am trying to create an IVI driver for the NI USB-6501, at the time I am creating the "instrument diver software module", I do not know which .dll I have to reference to specify the "Module Path (32 & 64 bit)". (See attached for more info).

Thanks in advance,

Memo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,912 Views)
A 6501 is programmed with DAQmx and not IVI. Why are you trying this?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,905 Views)

I want to create an IVI so I can use it with TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,900 Views)
That does not make any sense. There is no IVI class for digital I/O. You can use a call module, the daq assistant, or a DAQmx step.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,897 Views)

Hello Dennis, thaks for your attention.

When you say to "call a module" you mean to use the "call executable" step in testand? Because I do not want to use the device "test pannel" I would like to call the various fuctions thru testand. About the DAQmx stem you mention, can you give me more info about it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,892 Views)
You must be extremely new to TestStand if you don't know what a code module is. I would suggest reading the tutorial that comes with TestStand. A code module is a step that you write with LabVIEW, c, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,886 Views)

Sorry I might misunderstood about what you try to mean by calling the module. But that is the part I want to skip, I have used IVI's for DMM's and Switches thru testand, without the necessity of CVI or LabView. The specs of the NI-6501 specifies the use of IVI's so that is why I am looking forward for this solution, I will keep digging into it.

Thanks for your help Dennis!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,883 Views)
Where do you see IVI mentioned in the specs? Please provide a link and the page number.

A custom step is an advanced technique. I created dozens and did not use code modules. I had a basic one for some DAQmx functions but no longer have the code, sorry. Search the forum as this has been asked before.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,881 Views)